Dangerous Goods Specialist
Job Location: DGM Miami / Miami, FL
Position Type: Full-Time
Education Level: High school diploma or equivalent
To ensure safe and legal handling of dangerous goods, including verifying all paperwork is accurate, complete, and timely, with proper distribution to all necessary parties.
- Monitor the receiving status of shipments received to ensure turnaround times are met accordingly.
- Coordinate the packing process on shipments received, based on the packing instructions provided by the customer.
- Coordinate the delivery of shipments to the freight forwarder once packing is complete.
- Monitor daily to ensure all delivery instructions have been provided and followed in a timely manner.
- Maintain close communication with customer and follow the packing instructions they provide.
- Assist with invoicing shipments processed on a daily basis, and ensure files are in order and have proper documentation for billing.
- Provide excellent customer service in order to maintain and increase customer relations.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 2 years of experience working with Hazardous Materials or Dangerous Goods.
- Experience using MAGAYA highly preferred.
- Must pass the DGM Training Course “Initial and/or Recurrent Air, Land and Sea” with a minimum score of 90%.
- Experience with hazardous materials required.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and written procedures.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and personnel.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time, as well as bend, kneel and lift cumbersome and/or heavy objects.
- Ability to work prolonged and/or irregular hours as needed.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
To apply for this position, please send an email with a brief summary about yourself, salary requirements, resume attached (in MS Word or PDF format), and the job title in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.