Dangerous Goods Training
Shipping Lithium Batteries
The shipping of lithium batteries and devices containing these batteries is highly regulated due to the possibility of rapid-discharge issues that can result in either overheating or explosion. Specific training is required to stay on top of these regulations, which are constantly evolving to keep up with technological advancements.
This interactive course is designed to inform and empower shipping professionals to correctly identify, classify, document, pack, mark, and label lithium batteries that are being transported by air, ground, or water.
- One session
- Approximately 3 hours
Training Types Available:
- Classroom Based
- Online Training
- Onsite at Your Location (upon request)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS COURSE?
- Anybody directly involved in the shipping of lithium batteries, including those responsible for classification, packing, marking, package labeling, and completion of shipping papers
- Anybody involved in the administration or execution of offering, accepting, or transporting of lithium batteries
- Requirements for DOT (ground), ICAO/IATA (air) and IMO (water) compliance
- Defining and understanding the difference between a primary and secondary battery
- Correct classification and identification of lithium batteries
- Using correct packaging materials and understanding packing instructions for lithium batteries
- Understanding requirements for lithium batteries packed in equipment
- Correct marking, labeling, and placarding of lithium battery shipments
- Understanding the correct completion of shipping papers
- Comprehensive DGM workbook
- Certificate upon successful completion of training