Carpenter & Warehouseman
Job Location: DGM Miami / Miami, FL
Position Type: Full-Time
Education Level: High school diploma or equivalent
Build and assemble wooden crates, skids, pallets and/or any special packaging required, as well as perform various warehouse duties.
- Assemble and build crates, skids, pallets and/or other special packaging.
- Ensure crate is clean and in good condition, and does not contain any bark.
- Ensure finished product adheres to DGM quality standards.
- Maintain clean working area and surrounding areas as assigned.
- Assist other carpenters or packers with packing duties.
- Maintain and care for company equipment and property.
- Demonstrate safe lifting techniques and adhere to all safety regulations, policies, and guidelines.
- Participate in clean-up activities and ensure good housekeeping skills.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks and checking in merchandise.
- Prepare orders by processing requests and supply orders, pulling materials, packing boxes, and placing orders in delivery area.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins, according to organizational standards.
- Open bales, crates and other containers.
- Maintain inventory control by collecting stock location orders, printing requests, and recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed through a computer. May also need to assist in the counting of physical inventory.
- Prepare parcels for mailing.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat, which would include sweeping, dusting, and mopping; organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
- Wear the proper safety equipment.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in crate building, as well as hand and power tools.
- Experience operating a forklift and pallet jack.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, and to interact with all levels of staff and personnel.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and written procedures, and to demonstrate safe decision making in all aspects.
- Ability to prioritize work based on safety, quality, and productivity demands.
- Ability to use hand and power tools, including nail guns, staple guns, saws, drills, etc.
- Ability to read and use a measuring tape proficiently, as well as to apply basic math skills.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly for the duration of the shift.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, as well as to bend, kneel, and lift cumbersome and/or heavy objects.
- Willingness to work in inclement weather situations.
- Willingness to work other than scheduled times when needed in order to meet deadlines or ensure that daily work is completed.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
To apply for this position, please send an email with a brief summary about yourself, salary requirements, resume attached (in MS Word or PDF format), and the job title in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.